Monday, May 17, 2010

Doubt -- A DVD Movie Review

Doubt is an incredibly thought-provoking movie that reveals the rising tensions in the Catholic Church in the mid 1960's. There are subtle suspicions that may be derived from implications of certain improprieties that may or may not be going on, but then there is doubt. The preceeding sentence has some of the flavor of the movie and will make more sense after you've seen it. This movie shows outstanding performances from Meryl Streep, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams and Viola Davis. I am not normally a fan of Philip Seymour Hoffman but in Doubt he plays the role of priest extremely well. I recommend this provocative and excellent film.



6 comments:

Z said...

Okay, I'm ordering this from Netflix again..I had and didn't watch it and sent it back; I figured it was just more Christian bashing, but you've convinced me. thanks!

Amusing Bunni said...

Hi Teresa, this looks like an interesting film.
As you know, those priests are not my fav subject...hee hee. I think I'll wait until I can stomach seeing them.

I saw "Nights in Rodanthe" last night. I got from the library. It was very good, and a nice diversion. The ending was kind of unexpected. Did you see that?
I have to gear up and go to the library to return it.
Have a nice week.

WomanHonorThyself said...

I saw it..interesting! HAPPY MONDAY my friend!

Teresa said...

Z,
Don't worry, when I first saw the previews I had the same exact thought. I'm glad to hear that your ordering this wonderful movie again and watching it. ENJOY!

Teresa said...

Amusing Bunni,
I haven't seen "Nights in Rodanthe" yet. I will have to pick that movie up soon. I hope you see the film soon. I think you'll like the nuns in it. Have a great week!

Teresa said...

WomanHonorThyself,
Yes, it was interesting. Happy Monday and God Bless, my friend.