Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Will Not Now Nor Shall I Ever Put Up With Anti-Catholic Bigotry

There is a difference between useful criticism of a particular religion and just spouting words of hate against one's religion.  This includes when a person just simply spouts off words without backing them up with facts. When someone consistently targets another's religion and solely focuses on attacking it consistently time after time one should not be surprised that a person who believes in that religion might get upset and defensive.  I am sick of certain conservative bloggers who have consistently engaged in Catholic bashing without giving useful or healthy criticism.  Apparently, I have lost a few conservative friends over the discussion defending the biblical truth that the Sabbath is on Sunday under the New Covenant.  It is also distressing that those who claim to be open-minded about biblical controversies weren't really open to being persuaded to the counter position even when shown biblical text and historical evidence.  I will always defend my Faith.  Following Christ and His Church are the most important things in my life and if people can't handle or understand that then I really feel sorry for them.  If they decide to unfriend me or stop following my blog oh well because in the end I know in my heart and soul that I am staying true to my beliefs.  When someone respects my religious beliefs I respects theirs.  It is as simple as that.

2 comments:

Just a conservative girl said...

I don't get it either. Personally I am not a fan of the Catholic Church. I have issues about the pope, but I would never say to anyone that their belief is wrong. You have to follow your heart.

Teresa said...

Thanks, Just a conservative girl. I really appreciate your comment.

Believe me I have problems with Catholycs like Pelosi, Biden, and Kerry who really don't live out their faith but cause scandal to the Church but I am not going to leave the faith because of them.

I'll just say there is a lot of misinformation in the media about Pope Benedict. Pope Benedict did and wanted to do more in regards to the whole sexual abuse scandal but Pope John Paul II was very passive and wouldn't allow him to investigate how he wished. Unfortunately most of the priests who were/are pedophiles are liberals, homosexuals, and were undermining the Church.

Sorry about the lengthy response. God Bless.