Monday, November 5, 2012

Soul Searching, The Constitution, and The Election

As I contemplated whether or not to have my hysterectomy and continued in thought during my recovery after having had my hysterectomy I have had the opportunity to do quite a bit of soul searching over the last 6 months.  As much as I believe in our constitution and advocate for it being followed our constitution is not going to bring us salvation. God is the only one who can bring us salvation. No politician is going to save our soul. We should not look at any politician as if they were a savior or think that they're going to take care of all that ails us as a people or as a nation.  I guess losing your fertility, the ability to have children makes one think. It certainly has made me think about what is most important in my life.  The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is at the center of my life. Even I one of the staunchest defenders of waterboarding have done a 180 on Torture. Or what I believe to be torture.  I have been struggling on and off since after having my hysterectomy. Some days are worse than others. Others I am fine.  To be honest its not that I don't care about the presidential campaign/election but these past 6 months, especially the last few months I have focused on myself, both physically and emotionally, because I have needed to. My heart just hasn't been in it this election season. Believe me I have been praying that Romney wins but I also know that if he doesn't it isn't the end of the world. Our existence as humans on this earth is temporary but our eternal salvation in the afterlife is forever. I am still struggling and don't know how long this will last. I have mainly focused on my spiritual health - my faith - over at my other blog Catholibertarian and will continue to do so in the future. I may start doing some more of that here on this blog.

I am not saying that it isn't important for each of us to know what's in the constitution, to know American history, or to follow politics, keep politicians' feet to the fire in ensuring that they adhere to the constitution because that is important for this life. But the most important focus for us as human beings is to do all we can to make sure that our soul will be saved in the afterlife. To make sure that our soul is not damned for all of eternity. We need to follow The Ten Commandments. We need to read the Bible and follow what it teaches. We are called to walk humbly with God and follow Him all the days of our life. God Bless.

Micah 6:8 -- He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?



2 comments:

Silverfiddle said...

You have indeed put things in proper perspective, Teresa.

I am praying for a Romney victory, and I am also praying for your recovery and healing.

Trekkie4Ever said...

What Silver said verbatim. God bless you, sweetie.