Sunday, March 3, 2013

Big Balls and One Enormous Sinkhole

Big ice balls have formed along Lake Michigan. Pretty cool!




From CNN:

 A 36-year-old man disappeared Thursday night after a sinkhole opened up underneath his bedroom in Florida, authorities said.
Right after the ground started to give way in his home in Brandon, the man's brother frantically tried to keep him from sinking into the hole, an emergency official said.

An enormous sinkhole opened up under the bedroom of a house in Florida and the man fell into the hole as the ground collapsed underneath him. I can't even imagine what I would be feeling if I saw my brother sucked into a huge sinkhole and wasn't able to find him - wasn't able to save him - because the sinkhole was still growing. That is horrible! Unbelievable! And so tragic. My heart goes out to the victim's family. They are in my thoughts and prayers.






6 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I read this morning that the authorities have given up on finding that fellow who plunged into the Florida sinkhole, which continues to spread.

So awful!

The Conservative Lady said...

The story about the man going down in the sink hole is so tragic and sad. I just can't imagine how helpless his brother must feel that he couldn't do more to save him.

Opus #6 said...

That is awful. What a horrible way to go. Praying for him and his family.

Teresa said...

AOW, Opus, and TCL,

This is indeed awful and tragic. The brother sounds so distraught about his being unable to save his brother and wouldn't be surprised if he was having nightmares too. I can't even imagine...

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Nature is out to get us.

Trekkie4Ever said...

I can't even fathom the pain this family is suffering and the brother desperate to find him, risked his own life.

My Lord.