Saturday, September 14, 2013

Lee Stranahan asks for help to tell stories of Christian Syrian Refugees




Lee Stranahan has written an open letter to bloggers & citizen journalists:

Dear Colleagues,

On Saturday September 7th, I announced that I was trying to go to the Middle East  to cover the plight of Christian refugees. I think the situation in that part of the world is grave for Christians and the story is being underreported. The story is so big and so important, that I want to make sure as many people as possible are able to talk about it.
That’s where you come in.
I’m planning to report about what I find for my job at Breitbart News, of course, but because I’m crowd funding this trip independently, I’m able to do some thing that may help you in yourreporting.
My goal is to gather hours of raw material, both audio and video as well as photos. I’m focusing on people’s stories; what it’s like to be a Christian in the Middle East right now, how they escaped and what they hope happens next.
Here’s What’s Happening For Bloggers
  • I’m going to make all the raw audio, video and photos I gather available to you free under a Creative Commons license.
  • If you have questions you’d like me to ask Christian refugees, send them to me at Stranahan@Gmail.com. I’m not going to promise I’ll ask them all (for obvious reasons) but I’ll try and I will credit you. Please pick your best question or two.
  • I will be available for interviews or questions, both before and after the trip.
If there’s anything else I can do to help you, please let me know.
Please help spread the word about this to your readers. Link to my fundraising page. 
This is a historic chance for citizen journalists to make a difference on a breaking international story. 
Lee Stranahan is undertaking a noble endeavor and he will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I wish I could donate to help him but because of my health issues and my not working finances are real tight. But if there is any other way for me to aid him I will offer my services. God Bless his mission.

No comments: