Friday, June 24, 2011

Rick Santorum Sits Down With Glenn Beck

In this part of Rick Santorum's sit down with Glenn Beck he talks about Israel and it's role in the Middle East. From Fox News, Here is Glenn Beck's introduction of Santorum:


GLENN BECK, HOST: Right now, America needs people who are willing to stand up and lead no matter what the blowback may be.
We have only five shows after this. And I am picking carefully what I do on these five shows.
I think this man is as well. Not many politicians have spine. This man does.
I want to introduce you to a man tonight that I think will make a difference. He already has made a difference. You may not know much about him, you may not like his style. You may not like his policies. In the end, I hope you at least walk away with a feeling that I have about him.
He is an honest man.
I don't pick or choose or back any presidential nominees. However, I do think that some of them need to be exposed. Herman Cain, we exposed a couple of weeks ago. I thought he was worth your time to listen to.
He's proved as much to me a few years ago facing a tough election. He was head of the curve on the threat of radical Islam. We have talked about it between us for years -- radical Islam growing in Iran, the Middle East and the increasing pressure being put on Israel.
He knew it wasn't popular in the polls when he was running. The last thing he wanted to talk about was the Middle East. He told me at the time when I said, you know, you should back off of this, because this isn't helping your re-election -- he said he wouldn't be able to face his children if he didn't speak out, even if it meant he lost. He did. But he can sleep at night.
Joining me now is former senator and GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum.







Here is a video of the entire interview.


H/T The Daily Beck 

6 comments:

The Conservative Lady said...

I saw the interview and think Santorum did a great job.

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Thanks for the post Teresa. I do not have a schedule that permits me to view Becks show but am glad he had Santorum on.

On Santorum himself, I like the man and his views but I just do not see the fire in his belly to actually want to be POTUS?

Granted that is not in any way, shape or form a requisite for the office but one would expect to see it in a candidate.

It could be that is just me and I hope that I am wrong on it as I believe Santorum is a great candidate.

Teresa said...

TCL,

I agree.

Teresa said...

Christopher,

I do think that Santorum has the fire in his belly. Now, is it the type or brand that Sarah Palin has? No. He is outspoken on the issues and the Left paints him as being controversial. I believe that he has a less controversial or confrontational tone than Palin does in terms of how they each engage the media. He is very outspoken on topics such as economics, Muslim extremists, immigration and closing our borders, Israel and Iran (foreign policy) and he *gets* them.

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Teresa,

Like I said I like Santorum as a candidate and I appreciate all you stated with a caveat.

Being Sarah Palin is not a declared candidate I was not in saying "fire in the belly" by comparison to her but rather Herman Cain and Michele Bachmann (not necessarily in that order) who actually are running.

Again, I hope I am wrong but thus far I just have not seen an enthusiasm from Santorum that one would expect to see in a candidate seeking the post?

Anonymous said...

I like a lot of his views on morality. I get frustrated with his views on foreign policy, but I think overall he would do a good job.