Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mini Eagle Freedom Links - The Olympics, Recent Events & Big Health Decision Edition



First we have Dan Cathy of Chick-Fil-A standing up for traditional moral values stating that he believes that marriage is between one man and one woman and that he doesn't agree with gay "marriage" so we have liberals acting like intolerant Christianophobes trying to retaliate in tyrannical fashion by refusing to authorize Chick-Fil-A with business permits as well as some mayors saying I don't want your restaurant in my city.  Second, we have Democrats taking advantage of the Colorado massacre politicizing the horrific tragedy to further their Anti-Second Amendment gun agenda. Third we have the squishies in the GOP acting like Democrats when a few fellow members of Congress ask questions concerning our national security. Shame on you RINOS McCain and Boehner! Those in Congress who are asking questions are putting this nation's security over political correctness. Keep up the great work Reps. Bachmann and Gohmert!

Last weekend through this past Tuesday I was so happy to be able to spend some time with my family.  My sister and one of my nephews was visiting with my parents while I was there.  On Sunday my brother and his family brought Maryland Blue Crabs for us to eat. YUM! YUM!  They were oh so delicious.


My dad, nephew, sister, and I played miniature golf. Somehow I was able to get the lowest score so I won.  That was great fun.  My mom, sister, and I spent part of a day looking at antiques.  That was quite enjoyable.  While I was at my parents I was able to talk with my sister and mom about something very important.  That was much appreciated. Having their support in my health decision is a blessing.


I have been dealing with endometriosis for about 16 years. Since 2008 I have had numerous problems due to this horrible disease. Last October I had surgery yet again and I really thought that this would at least last a few years with stopping the pain and/or endo from spreading.  Well, unfortunately my pain has worsened tremendously since April and I am not left with many options actually only left with but one particular option since I've pretty much tried everything that there is to try to treat the endometriosis. This past Wednesday my doctor and I talked and I/we have decided that I should get a hysterectomy.  This is one of the toughest decisions I have had to make in my life. Mostly because my husband and I have no kids.  But for my sake, my quality of life, I need to do this to better my life.  I have been trying to put this off as far as as I can but now I have reached a certain point where at least I think I can't put this off anymore.  Yes, it breaks my heart that I need to have this done.  I have so longed to have a child.  After making the decision I have been an emotional train wreck asking am I making the right choice?  Even though from the afternoons on I have been in excruciating pain since I have felt semi-decent during part of the morning at various times I have wondered whether I truly do need this surgery.  So far I have come to the conclusion that I do.  But I've heard having second thoughts is normal with this big of a life changing decision. Plus, I have this feeling that something else is wrong with my ovaries or gynecological area beside the endo so as tough as it is I do believe that I'm making the right choice.  If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.  I may not be around visiting blogs or even posting as much for the next month and a half til a few days after the surgery because I am in the midst of preparing myself for this operation both emotionally and physically. In addition my physical pain may interfere with my blogging. But I will visit as much as possible.

I didn't want to end on that sad note so here are a few pics from the Olympics. Have you been watching the Olympics? What's your favorite sport? I always enjoy watching the swimming events. Did you watch any of the opening ceremony?  This was one of my favorite moments during the opening ceremony.



Ryan Lochte from USA Swim Team 



Sun Yang - China 

Rebecca Adlington - Great Britain 

Team USA -- William Coleman on Twizzle 

Mark Kyle - Ireland 

Beautiful horses!

Team USA - Gabrielle Douglas 

Louise Bowden - Australia 

These sunglasses look kinda whacky

Here are some great links from some awesome patriots. More patriot's links to come in few days. Hope you are enjoying summer. Have a wonderful week!

Conservative Hideout 2.0 -- A Tale of Two Stories: Islamists call for the death of gays, but let's stop Chick-Fil-A from opening new restaurants!

The Daley Gator -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel rips Chick-Fil-A but embraces Nation of Islam? 

The Other McCain -- Will the last Democrat leaving Missouri please turn out the lights?  

Mind Numbed Robot -- Ted Cruz Free PAC Speech - #Repeal! 

American Perspective -- Mr. Bean opens up the Olympics (video) 

Sentry Journal -- Building Something Already Gives Us More Than We Contributed 

Western Hero -- Hateful, Intolerant Liberals Attack Chick-Fil-A 

The Conservative Lady -- Obama's Amnesty for Dreamers is a Nightmare 

My Daily Trek -- Chick-Fil-A... Under Attack by the Intolerant Left 

Bread upon the Waters -- The New Party's Offspring Political Party -- Alive and Well 

The Wisdom of Soloman -- In the Wake of the Aurora Shooting 

TOTUS: Conservative Commentary -- Eat at Chick-Fil-A 

Political Realities -- Obamacare Tax Stops Medical Equipment Business Expansion 

Pirate's Cove -- Crazy Research Compares "Climate Skeptics" To 9/11 Truthers 

Randy's Roundtable -- More Proof that Liberalism is a Mental Disorder 

Bunkerville -- Averill Harriman's Mother Financed Eugenics Movement 

Creative Minority Report -- How's that Chick-Fil-A Boycott Coming Along? 

Fuzzy Logic -- Ends Justify Means: Our "Perfectible" "Imperfect Union" 

Reaganite Republican -- Reagnaite's Sunday Funnies 

Woodsterman -- Interesting Statistics

Always On Watch -- Edited Out!  

A Catholic View -- All Nations Enjoy the Summer Olympics... And that Includes the Vatican!

Geeeeeez --  Comments? 

Doug Ross @ Journal -- Simple Venn Diagram Explains Entire Democrat Party 

It Don't Make Sense -- Devil's Breath 

Maggie's Notebook -- Iraq War Vet Gives Back Purple Heart in Obama Protest: I have to pay for my wounds while Obama gives care to illegals 

Say Anything -- With Stocks Plummeting, GM Owes Taxpayers Roughly $41 Billion 

The Camp Of The Saints -- 'Raaaaacism' Is Just Another Word For Nothing Left To Lose 

Atlas Shrugs -- More Obama Leaks To Harm Israel: " U.S. Sees Israel as Spy Threat"

The Born Again Americans -- Restoring Love  

10 comments:

Bunkerville said...

Thanks for the link. My prayers are with you. You will not regret the surgery.

The Born Again American said...

Our prayers are with you, you are in good hands...

Z said...

What a VERY difficult decision, Teresa; I'm so sorry you're faced with it and I know you and your husband have gone to God for advice. (we call it 'knee mail'...I know he hears it and so do you!
Obviously, you're feeling it's necessary and who could disagree with the pain you've gone through for so long?!

My prayers are with you and BOY, will you feel like a new woman when you're not in constant pain.
God bless you.

And thanks for the Olympic pictures...isn't the dressage beautiful, that dark horse!? WOW.

I hope you can just write a little note after you're done with surgery and well....we'll be excited to see it's behind you! xxx

Randy-g said...

I asked God to send you a special blessing. Thanks much for the linkagery Teresa.

Silverfiddle said...

I don't have any medical advice, but I will just say that your reasoning for your decision is sound.

Have faith in it and don't look back.

God bless you and you know you'll have a lot of people praying for you.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Our family is going through similar circumstances and understand your situation. There are many children out there that need loving parents. You get well kid.

The Debonair Dudes World said...

Yes indeed a great bunch of American Patriots. And am proud to be a participant with such a great group

Trekkie4Ever said...

Oh Teresa, my heart breaks for you, my friend. I am truly so sorry.

I hope your Gynecologist will be doing the new procedure for hysterectomies and won't have to have the six-week recovery stage as I had to go through. I was only 33 when I had no choice to have one.

I know this won't be comforting, but there is always adoption and many little children would be blessed to be in your loving home.

I will pray for you. I wish there was more I could do.

Teresa said...

I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I apologize for the tardiness in responding. When it rains it pours. I unfortunately had a dental emergency, had to find a dentist, so I could have a cracked tooth removed. God Bless. Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

Unknown said...

Middle and high school students in Korea voted miss A’s Suzy and IU as two female celebrities who seem to be bad at math.

On August 17th, K-Stem, an institute that conducts a scholastic ability test in mathematics, announced the result of the survey asking 220 students to vote for the celebrities who seem to be good/bad at math.

For the category asking student to vote for celebrities who seem to be good at math, actress Kim Tae Hee ranked first with 43.4% of the votes, and Lee Seung Gi followed with 30.9% of the votes. According to the students, “Lee Seung Gi looks smart and intelligent” and “Kim Tae Hee went to Seoul National University, she is smart for real.”

On the other hand, for celebrities who seem to be bad at math, Boom ranked first with 45.15% of votes, followed by female idols Suzy and IU who received 29.1% and 22.9% of votes respectively.