Saturday, November 10, 2012

Obama Re-election Has Real Life Consequences: Massive Layoffs

One Vegas employer has fired 22 people after the voters chose to re-elect Barack Obama.  Elections do have consequences.  President Obama's trickle down government spendaholic policies, trickle down government excessive taxation of citizens, has consequences.  Obamacare, the biggest set of taxes in our nation's history, has spurred the survival of the fittest attitude among business owners.  They need to layoff some employees to be able to profit, survive, and compete in our economy.  Before the election this Vegas employer even warned his staff of these consequences, if Obama was re-elected.

From Breitbart:

LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election. “David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.” 

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that [I] made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees. 

“I explained to them a month ago that if Obama gets in office that the regulations for Obamacare are gonna hurt our business, and I’m gonna have to make provisions to make sure I have enough money to cover the payroll taxes, the additional health care I’m gonna have to do, and I explained that to them and I said you do what you feel like in your heart you need to do, but I’m just letting you know as a warning this is things I have to think of as a business owner. 

“Well unfortunately, and most of my employees are Hispanic — I’m not gonna go into what kind of company I have, but I have mostly Hispanic employees — well unfortunately we know what happened and I can’t wait around anymore, I have to be proactive. I had to lay off 22 people today to make sure that my business is gonna thrive and I’m gonna be around for years to come. I have to build up that nest egg now for the taxes and regulations that are coming my way. Elections do have consequences, but so do choices. A choice you make every day has consequences and you know what, I’ve always put my employees first, but unfortunately today I have to put me and my family first, and you watch what’s gonna happen. I’m just one guy with 114 employees — well was 114 employees — watch what happens in the next six months. The Dow alone lost 314 points today. There’s a tsunami coming and if you didn’t think this election had consequences, just wait.”


Another employer named Robert Murray, the chief executive of Ohio-based coal provider Murray Energy Corp., has made good on his promise to layoff employees if President Obama was re-elected.  He fired more than 350 employees. Before the layoffs he employed about 3,500 employees. 

From NBC: 


In the prayer, Murray wrote, in part:
“The American people have made their choice. They have decided that America must change its course, away from the principals of our Founders. And, away from the idea of individual freedom and individual responsibility. Away from capitalism, economic responsibility, and personal acceptance.”
He concluded by asking God for forgiveness for the layoff decisions.
“Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corporation for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build. We ask for your guidance in this drastic time with the drastic decisions that will be made to have any hope of our survival as an American business enterprise.”

From Examiner.com -- Scores of companies announce layoffs and closings after Obama re-election: 
List of layoffs and closings courtesy of the website The Blaze:
• US Cellular -
• Rocketdyne -
• Brake Parts -
• Husqvarna -
Various Offices which will be closing as a result of re-election:

Matt at the Conservative Hideout has provided a link to The Daily Job Cuts page.

Everyone who voted for Obama made this happen. They voted for more unemployment. I hope those who have been laid off or fired give Obama voters a big "thank you".  Elections have consequences.

2 comments:

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I heard there was a bunch of employers that did this. I wonder if they wandered the parking lot looking for Obama Bumper Stickers to make up the list of lay-offs. I would have.

Opus #6 said...

I guess we need to hit closer to rock bottom before these "takers" wake up. Too bad we all have to ride together as we go down economically.