Thursday, September 13, 2012

This is in the "You're Not Going To Believe This" Category

You know how I was supposed to have surgery on Sept. 10. Well, in a freak circumstance my hysterectomy didn't happen.  My surgery date had been rescheduled for the 24th but neither the scheduling nurse nor my doctor informed me of the change.  I put much more of the onus on the nurse who schedules surgeries since that is her job. This means that on Sunday I had only clear liquids and did the bowel prep, and the enema on Monday before I had to be at the hospital at 6am.  This means I have to do this again with some minor adjustments - no enema due to bleeding but one additional day of only clear liquids.

Monday I was really bummed out and a little miffed.  I would have been back to blogging sooner if those were my only issues but Monday evening I became pretty ill with major stomach issues and a sinus and/or a migraine headache. It wasn't until yesterday afternoon that I started to feel half-alive again.

On Monday the nurse scheduler called me and apologized. My doc had taken a vacation day on Monday which was unusual for him. Immediately after getting into his office he found out about the surgery scheduling fiasco and called me to apologize.

Since I was MIA for the 11th anniversary of the September 11th attacks I am posting a video below in remembrance of all those who lost their lives that tragic day.






7 comments:

Pamela Zydel said...

Teresa, I'm sorry you had to go through all that unnecessary stuff! Surgery is bad enough, but to have someone screw up "their" job and make your life a fuster cluck is...well...really sucky!

I hope all goes much smoother the next time.

Good Luck!

And big hugs! (((YOU)))

Adrienne said...

Arrrrrrrrgh. It's the clear liquid part that would have had me up-in-arms!

It does give us extra days to pray...

cube said...

I'm so sorry to hear that first, you're having surgery and second, that the medical personnel in charge neglected to notify you in time to spare you the onerous pre-op prep.

Hoping all goes well next time and your life gets back to normal.

Teresa said...

Thank you for the hugs, Pamela. There much appreciated. Yes, it did suck.

Thanks so much for the prayers, Adrienne. Much appreciated especially since my sinuses/ allergies or hopefully not a cold are bothering me now. If it is a cold its a very small one. Hopefully I get rid of it soon since I really won't be happy if the surgery gets postponed again. On the other hand removing the endo can only improve my immune system so even if I have a tiny cold my doc would probably do the surgery anyway.

Thank you for the well wishes Cube.

Conversations Over Dinner with a Brainless Liberal said...

While the Mid East and the rest of the world is engulfed in burning and storming American embassies by Islamist maniacs including Killing and sodomizing an American Ambassador
Or Dear Leader finds it more interesting and more "FUN" to party-down with Hollywood elites, Basketball thugs, Golfing,and yukking it up with celebrities like Beyonce, and other Hip-Hoppers than to hear those boring security briefings. His entire day is centered around getting himself re-elected . Why bother when he needs to do something important like dealing with American haters and Killers!..

Yup, he's pretty good at this presidential stuff . . Just ask SmackO'Daddy, he'll tell you!

And what really pisses me off is that we have 50% of our people who still believe Obama is awesome... Just read these blogs.

Who let all these stupid people into the country?
And the media writes about all this craziness about it being Romney's fault for speaking out! Is this world upside down or what!
What has become of this country? the media covers for Obama who missed the boat and screwed up royally . and these lefties are actually pointing the finger at Romney, I cant believe this.
Haven't we had enough of Obama and the despicable liberal MSM reporting to cover up and lie for Obama... Obama MUST Go

Bill Smith said...

Teresa, While we indeed must pray for the Middle East, today my prayers are with you! Wish I could offer more.

I have walked this road with my wife and she has walked many others with me.

May God be with you in a special way on 24th.

MathewK said...

Sorry to hear about the surgery stuff-up, hope you are doing alright now. At least your doctor called you and apologized, out here in our glorious free healthcare system, non-life threatening surgeries are cancelled routinely without much notice either.