Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Al Qaeda 7 & Transparency



I have a few questions: Why would the Justice Department release the names of the lawyers who represented terrorists at Gitmo to Bill O'Reilly, but yet not release these same names to Congress?  In my opinion, this just doesn't make sense.  Are these names bogus?  Bill O'Reilly didn't say the names, so was this a request made to him by the Justice Department, even though they released the lawyer's names to a member of both the media and the public?   This smells fishy.  The Obama administration should start living up to its promise of transparency and release the names of the DOJ lawyers who defended terrorists. The American people have a right to know who is supposedly defending our nation against these terrorists.

3 comments:

Kyla Denae said...

I really don't understand why this matters. I mean, unless people are planning to go shoot them/commit violence/picket at their houses, why does it matter?

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Thanks Teresa, This puts a clearer picture on the administrations Over all view on terrorism.

cube said...

Transparency was a ruse that BO used to get elected. It was never intended to be used in real life.

I would hate to think that lawyers who defended the al Qaeda 7 are likely to act against the best interests of our country, but seeing what I've seen about BO and his cohorts, I'm not so sure I trust them. This is a very touchy situation considering that Eric Holder isn't acting in our country's best interests either.