Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Faithful Couple Reflects on Issues of Infertility & Catholic Teaching

On this recent Mother’s Day, as a couple struggling with infertility issues and praying that God would bless us with a Little One, it is disconcerting how much the Catholic Church is silent on this matter. We rarely hear priests or deacons on the parish level talk about the issues related to the struggles that couples have with infertility. I think it is wonderful that on Mother’s Day the mothers and expectant mothers are honored and asked to stand up at part of the mass on that day to receive such honor, but I don’t think the priests understand how painful that can be for women who are trying desperately to get pregnant.


I think it would be a good thing if the Church used such an occasion to ask the laity and especially the mothers to pray for those couples trying to conceive a child. In my opinion, the Church has been lacking on everyday guidance and support for couples who are struggling with infertility and aching to be blessed with a child. It is no wonder that couples resort to the use of IVF and other prohibited methods to achieve pregnancy. The Church needs to take a more pro-active in supporting these couples.

There is a new breakthrough scientific approach to fertility called NaProTECHNOLOGY that follows the teachings of the Catholic Church. This Saturday, Fr. Benedict Groeschel hosted two physicians on his EWTN program. Those two doctors provide pro-life Catholic health care called Gianna Health Care, which is in conformity with Church teaching.

Here are videos with the audio of the T.V. Program:



















Here are links on NaProTECHNOLOGY and Gianna Health Care:

http://www.naprotechnology.com/

http://www.giannahealth.org/

By: Kevin and Teresa

13 comments:

Barking Spider said...

Sorry, Teresa, way O/T but yahoooo!, the Gorgon is finally gone and Cameron is PM at last - we're free of commie Labour after thirteen long years of Left-wing authoritarian misery!

A mass repeal of Labour's crazy civil liberty-stealing laws is on the way. :-)

Teresa said...

Barking Spider,
Don't worry. I totally understand. I am was jumping for joy when I heard that Gordon Brown resigned. I am glad the repair to Gordooms disastrous civil liberty stealing laws are on there way to being repealed :)

Matt said...

I'm not Catholic, so I was unaware of this situation. You will have my prayers.

Thanks for the education, and may God give you a little one.

Just a conservative girl said...

I know the pain you are feeling. Don't give up hope. I was told no way, no how and he just turned five a few weeks ago. So, God does hear you, you just need more patience.

Also, we just adopted a little one, she pushed her way into the world on Thanksgiving morning. Maybe that will be your miracle. Giving birth may make you a mother, but it doesn't make you a mommy. Just remember that, having your own is wonderful, but you love any child that comes your way. I realize it is expensive and can take a long time, but keep that in mind. Once you hold him/her, you won't know the difference.

The Conservative Lady said...

Miracles happen every day. Don't give up hope. A special prayer will be said for you tonight.

Opus #6 said...

Praying for you and your family, Kevin and Teresa. I'm sorry the parish didn't show more sensitivity this past weekend. I remember looking around at the crowd out for brunch last Sunday thinking about the ones not there. My heart aches for you and for everybody struggling with infertility.

LSP said...

Groeschel is pretty close to being a saint - in my opinion... but whatever, I'll say a prayer for you.

God bless.

Teresa said...

Matt,
Your prayers are much appreciated.

Teresa said...

Just a conservative girl,
Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. It is outstanding to hear that God blessed you with two Little Ones! I do have faith in God (or I try my best) but its still painful.

For now I am on Lupron to stop my endometriosis, and when I get off of the Lupron hopefully God will bless us with a Little One.

Teresa said...

The Conservative Lady,
Thanks so much for both your prayers and words of encouragement.

Teresa said...

Opie,
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words and prayers. They are much appreciated.

Teresa said...

LSP,
I agree with you about Groeschel. Thank You for your prayers.

Amusing Bunni said...

Teresa, I'm praying for you and Kevin, I can't think of two better people to have children. I know you would be the most wonderful mother. Sometimes it takes longer to see our wishes happen. I hope that everything works out for the both of you.
God Bless, he will guide you.